I seen this on Brit's page & I told her it was too cute not to do one too & she agreed! She had seen some that just posted the 30 things to know but she did it a little differently & decided to answer each post which too me I think was way better! Yay go Brit!
Glamour compiled a list of things that women should know by the time they are 30. I am only 23 so I still have 7 years to learn a lot more thankfully but I still wanted to do this & I doubt my answers change much but you never know maybe in 7 years I will come look back & see if they have changed any then if so I will redo this & update it from now :)
By 30 I should have...
1. One old boyfriend you can imagine going back to & one who reminds you of how far you've come!
I do not have one old boyfriend whom I could ever imagine going back too but I do have those in the past that I wish I could have done things a little differently verses how they was done back then! I however at the same time though almost do not want things to have been changed because all those taught me lessons I would not have known otherwise & I would like to think it has made me a better person today for those mistakes & life lessons of past relationships that I learned from! So in a since they all remind me of how far I have come & I see how far I have came by being with my hunny whom I have now :)
2. A decent piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in your family.
I own a hope chest that my father made when I was a baby & it truly is one of my most treasured gifts because it was handmade by him & was never owned by another except me his sweet baby girl whom now has grown up on him sadly :(
3. Something perfect to wear if the employer or man of your dreams wants to see you in an hour.
I do have several things to wear for an employer yet as far as the future man of my dreams well he will love me in what ever I wear & If not then sadly he is not the man of my dreams!
4. A purse, a suitcase, & an umbrella you're not ashamed to be seen carrying.
I have tons upon tons of pretty purses! most are either Coach, Vera Bradley, or Coco Chanel & I would carry them all day any day with pride. My suitcases are from Belvah & Vivary, I love them & they hold up so well. I splurge on my purses & luggage! Bad? maybe but I do! & as far as umbrellas go just get me one that holds the rain off me & won't pop up at the smallest gust of wind & I will love it I swear, far from picky when it comes to an umbrella.
5. A youth you're content to move beyond.
Um I am only 23 yes but I already am so grown up & have been for several years now. I do not feel the need to act as a child nore can I stand those whom act as one!
6. A past juicy enough that you're looking forward to retelling in your old age.
Without a doubt yes I have a past juicy enough to tell in my old age! My kids may even say hey mom that is too much info hehe! I remember me saying that to my parents when I was younger & I know my kids will say the same but I am an open book so one way or another someday they will know my secrets good & bad both.
7. The realization that you are actually going to have an old age- & some money set aside to help fund it.
I think for me it is still hard to imagine getting old only because truthfully I am scared to grow old. I know that once older my life has been lived to the fullest & in those last years I will spend it watching my children have kids & growing up & such & I know I will love those moments but knowing that death would soon occur is a scary thought to me to leave my kids, grandchildren & such! As far as money goes I would like to hope to hope that I have money set aside to help fund however as it is now in this time & age it seems hard to save money because of how bad the economy is sadly. I can only hope it gets better in time verses worse.
8. An email address, a voice mailbox, & a bank account- all of which nobody has access to but you.
Yes I have my own email address, & yes I have my own voice mailbox due to the fact that I own my own cell phone, & yes for now I own my own bank account but let's get down to the nitty griddy, once I get married I no longer will have my own bank account. It will be shared with my husband! I do not see why so many make a big deal about it. I mean aren't you suppose to trust your husband? I would hope you do if you marry that person! I mean what is the worst thing he will see me buy something from VS, I bet he don't complain especially if it benefits him! & as for me seeing something he bought I am sure it would be something from a man store like Dicks or something!
9. A resume that is not even the slightest bit padded.
Why would you need to pad your resume? I mean do you not want people to hire you for your real achievements that you have earned honestly? I have never padded mine nore will I. To do so is just crazy to me sorry! I will never kiss ass to make anyone accept me.
10. One friend who always makes you laugh & one who lets you cry.
All my sweet friends do both, thankfully! They make me laugh so hard that I feel like I am dying from lack of breathing while when in need of a major melt down they are always their to console me. I truly have some of the best friends a girl could ask for.
11. A set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill a black lace bra.
As far a screwdriver or a cordless drill ha I do not own either. That is why I own a cell phone & can do one of 3 things: call the hunny, call the daddy or call one of my sweet friends whom is a guy to come fix something for me! Thankfully I am loved enough & they come fix it for me & I give them love by feeding them some goodies. Now if you wanna talk about the drink called screwdriver well then yes I can make you one of those hehe. & as far a the little black lace bra does not every women own one? I mean I know I own at 3 that are black like that.
12. Something ridiculously expensive that you bought for yourself, just because you deserve it.
I would have to say my first Coach purse! I still own that thing & love it just as much now as I did the day I first bought it.
13. The belief that you deserve it.
I know deep down that I deserve to be happy. I deserve to have a nice life with a loving husband, & family.I know by no mean am I perfect & never will be because I am human but are we not all human & make mistakes in some way or another? We cannot punish ourselves forever or think that because of our mistakes that we should have to be miserable for the rest of our lives.
14. A skin care regimen, an exercise routine, & a plan for dealing with those few other facets of life that don't get better after 30.
I use spf skin moist for my face which is nice & I use the aveno skin lift for under eyes which will help once older. I love to exercise however here lately I have not been doing so because it has been so dang hot outside now once fall gets here I will start back walking & such. I for one cannot wait to start back I miss it as crazy as that sounds! As far as the after 30 facets I try my hardest not to think about it honestly! The thoughts of lines, wrinkles & such scare me & I am not looking forward to it one bit I guess that is why they invented botox right?
15. A solid start on a satisfying career, a satisfying relationship, & all those other facets of life that do get better.
I have a satisfying career which is being a nurse however do not get me wrong I would drop it in a heart beat to be a stay at home mother. If only the economy would get better to allow for me to do so. Once married I then will know how satisfying a relationship is for me because I refuse to marry just anyone they have to be my best friend & soulmate nothing less. & as far as others facets I think once I get married things only get better because we then have kids, watch them grow & live a happy healthy life together as a family.
By 30, I should know...
1. How to fall in love without losing yourself.
If someone truly loves me then they would not want me to be someone whom I am not so therefore I find it hard to loose myself. I am 100 % me & I love who I am. If they cannot love who I am inside & out then they do not deserve to have me in their life because I will never change for anyone no matter what the cost may be.
2. How do you feel about having kids.
We want two for sure however, I am not sure if we will want more then that. Time will tell all for that part.
3. How to quit a job, break up with a man, & confront a friend without ruining the friendship.
When I quit my first job as nurse it was bittersweet! I think it was super hard because I loved the ones I worked with but I worked too many hours & needed less while in school to further my nursing career. So saying goodbye & putting in my two week notice was hard.
Break ups are never easy. They always seem to be hard in a since but over time you learn to remember that it was for the best & the right decision & choice to be made @ that current time in your life. It will & does get easier I promise.
To confront a friend is hard. Its a tough choice to decide on. It can go one of two ways either good or bad. Sometimes they accept the confrontation & sometimes they do not. If they do accept it & listen to your thoughts & feelings you may be able to save the friendship but if not then most likely the friendship has done been too ruined to save sadly. @ the end we can at least say we voiced our thoughts & concerns & that we tried to make it better if nothing else.
4. When to try harder & when to walk away.
I think that is one of the hardest parts of life deciding whether to try harder or walk away. Its the only choice we make in every moment of our lives. I have come to learn that no matter how much you care some do not deserve you. Feelings do not die easily because we always find them in memories. That is exactly the reason why its so hard to walk away. However, for me I think the hardest part I have learned about this all is that you can still love someone with all your heart & still be completely wrong for them.
5. How to kiss in a way that communicates perfectly what you would & wouldn't like to happen next.
That to me was something I learned fairly fast thankfully.
6. The names of the secretary of state, your great-grandmothers, & the best tailor in town.
Hmm well you see I do not know whom secretary of state is & sadly I do not know whom my great grandmothers are either but @ least I still have 7 years to find out right. & as far as best tailor goes I would have to say Nancy she has always hemmed all my dresses & such for me since I was a little girl in pageants.
7. How to live alone, even if you don't like to.
I do know how to live alone however wanting to not so much! I enjoy the company to a point yet to another not so much. Its nice to have your own place to say hey leave I need rest or quite time. But that only last so long before I am ready to have friends over again & such :)
8. Where to go- be it your best friends kitchen table or a yoga mat when your soul needs soothing.
I think soothing for me would be on a beach somewhere listening to the sound of the waves.
9. That you can't change the length of your legs, the width of your hips, or the nature of your parents.
I do not know that I would want to change me truthfully. I kinda like me. I think if I wanted to change anything it might be my height. I am 5'3 & would like to be like an inch taller at least. But over all I love me because at the very end of the day I cannot change how I was born sadly even if I wanted too.
10. That your childhood may not have been perfect, but its over.
I do not think any of us have a perfect childhood or a perfect life even after. I know by no means was my life perfect I had tons of ups & downs with lessons to follow along the way. I still even now do have a perfect life & never will but I do have a life that is my own that I love & cherish deeply inside & out. & I am thankful that I never had a perfect life because it taught me that people make mistakes good & bad & that we have to learn to accept & deal with them.
11. what you would & wouldn't do for money or love.
I would never do anything for money. Money does not buy you love or happiness! It does not give you a husband who loves you unconditionally. However as far as love goes I would go to deep depths to save & help those whom I love dearly.
12. That nobody gets away with smoking, drinking, doing drugs, or not flossing for very long.
Hmm let's see where to begin @: I for one would be a terrible smoker because I hate having smoke blown in my face its called I cough something terrible & the smell is awful.I am a nurse so doing drugs is completely out of the question. I would be fired in a heartbeat if found with drugs in my system. Drinking I am semi ok at as long as its super fruity & I do not taste the liquor in it. Now if I taste it good luck because I bet you drink it & not me! Oh & as far as flossing goes It is awful. I hate flossing not gonna lie it is so hard to do that 9 times out of 10 I just give up & only brush my teeth.
13. Who you can trust, who you can't, & why you shouldn't take it personally.
I think this is a hard one to answer. I think once you graduate from school you find out who your true friends are & by graduating I mean both from high school & college. Once those two are over most start a life that involves work, getting married, & having kids. So for those whom stick it out with you & seem to love you, your husband & children are the true friends in the end because it shows that they care. & as far as we should not take it personally I say its life some are meant to come & go in our lives whether we choose to accept it or not.
14. Not to apoligize for something that isn't your fault.
I try not to apoligize for something I did not do however if you have a little one with you whom caused an accident you have to apoligize because they are too little to do so. but when it comes to adults I do not apoligize for something I did not do wrong but I will without a doubt be the first one to say sorry for something I did cause. I own up to them.
15. Why they say life begins @ 30.
I have no clue as to why they say life begins @ 30. To me I would think that life begins the moment your mother gives birth to you. That is the moment within you taking your first breath & all. I think after that your life just begins because you get to start your life as baby, too toddler, too child, to teenager, too adult then eventually passing away once you have a lived hopefully a happy, healthy life.
Monday, July 30, 2012
Sunday, July 29, 2012
I am linking up today for the first time with Neely & Ashley!I am linking up to both only because I am not sure if we link up to just one or both so better safe then sorry. I would love to see you sweet ladies follow me & I am looking forward to seeing your sweet post! Without further a dew let's get started :)
1. What is your dream job?
My dream job without a doubt would to be a stay at home mom! I know most may not think of that as a job but I do! It is a lot of work to care for children! I do not want to miss anything that happens in my children's lives! I want to see it all every little moment.
2. If you had just won the lottery & didn't need to work for money, what would you do with your time?
I would travel the world as I once did when I was younger with my parents until I grew up & got a big girl job as a nurse. We still travel to a lot of places but just not as much as we once did :(
3. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a nurse & believe it or not I did just that :) I became what I had always wanted to be growing up as a child!
4. What piece of career advice would you give to someone just starting out in your field?
For anyone wanting to be a nurse I would say get ready to have no life for a while because you study your ass off all the time or at least I did! Get ready for some tears its gonna happen! Get ready for some good & bad days but that happens on a daily basis without being a nurse! You can be truly rewarded for saving lives & it gives you a since of accomplishment to know that you helped make a difference :) If you are not kind, or compassionate then do not do nursing!
5. What are your biggest pet peeves in your life, blogging & at work?
Hmm! for life I would say I cannot stand clutter, unorganized things, bad customer service, or drama. For blogging I would say I cannot stand to read blogs whom I feel hide their lives if you want to hide your life & things in it then you do not need to blog! Sorry to me a blog is open for others to see your life on a daily basis or as much as you allow by posting & writing! For instance I never block out my full name or where I held a reception at, marriage & ect! I cannot stand when people do that I get annoyed! & as for work I cannot stand to have patients come in whom are not really hurt or ill. I could have used that time to truly treat someone whom really was hurt or ill! I also do not like those whom come in complaining of pain when they have none just to get some pills :( gurr!!!
6. What are your biggest fears?
Snakes, Spiders, Dying, Parents dying, Tornadoes. I could think of several to be honest!
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
I am linking up with sweet Jamie over @ This Kind Of Love! I would love to have you sweet ladies follow me :)
1. I'm loving that tonight I am going to have father daughter time @ the fair! I love being so close to my daddy. It is always nice to catch up.
2. I'm loving that Payton Maria should arrive shortly! Poor Marcy has had it rough this pregnancy. Bless her heart so I know she is glad that she is finally dilating & will be seeing little miss very soon!
3. I'm loving that in a few short moments as soon as I finish this link up, I will be out the door & heading to my hair appointment! Get ready ladies it will be a huge change no long will it be long & dark It now will be short & look completely different! I promise to post the before & after :) So look forward to that.
4. I'm loving that two of my good friends got engaged yay! Lacy got engaged & Jeremy got engaged! They both have amazing couples to spend the rest of their life with :) Jeremy found Felicia almost 2 years ago & she is great & such a sweet girl while Lacy met Brent almost 1 year ago this week & they now get to spend the rest of their lives together :) I am beyond bless to know all 4 of them :)
5. I'm loving that tomorrow night Lacy & I are going to the fair to play catch up together & to have a good time as we always do! I am excited to hear plans & such of the wedding details & to know every little moment of how Brent asked her to marry him!
Sunday, July 22, 2012
My thoughts & prayers go out to those family member who lost loved ones in this tragic shooting, as well as for those whom are still fighting for their life, & for those whom are recovering. I know to all whom was involved a movie theater will never seem the same again & I can completely see why & understand. 12 was killed & 59 was injured & wounded. For those whom have not seen this or heard of this it happened Friday night @ the premiere showing of The Dark Knight Rises in Colorado @ Century Theater.
The youngest that was injured was a 3 month old baby. The gunman was 24 year old James Holmes whom was going to school to become a doctor. I do not know about you but to me that is a little scary knowing someone whom was going to school to save lives could take so many without caring. I think the scariest part to me was how planned out it seemed & how much work he did while planning this whole thing such as to making sure to park out back of the theater, make sure he could get out & back in to that exact theater, changing clothes, putting a gas mask on while using tear gas inside the theater & not using just 1 gun but 4. The police said once they had went to his home to investigate he had a series of booby traps & buckets of extra ammunition in his apartment! What really surprised me is how he said he painted his hair red because he was the joker... Was that some kind of Joke!
He absolutely needs the death penalty however that would be too gracious for him because then he would not be able to live the rest of his miserable life dealing with the deaths in which he caused to so many whom he did not even know & such suffering to all those family members whom have lost their loved ones in such a horrific murder spree! So many of us take our lives daily for granite but something like this reminds me to never take one moment for granite & to live life to the fullest & to always tell those whom we love how much we love them & appreciate them :)
Friday, July 20, 2012
1. What do we call them? Flip flops, sandals, thongs or slippers?
I actually call mine flippy floppies! funny huh?
Sandals reminds me of those awful things that you just slip your feet into that have velcro on them yuck!
Thongs in my eyes are something us women wear on our booty not on our feet!
& slippers well you see those remind me of nighttime as we are going to sleep & walking around our house or something not walking in public during the day!
2. Are you a "my kids can do no wrong"kind of mom or a "Johnny punched you? Well what did you do first to him" kind of mom?
I would like to think I am smack dab in the middle! I do want to get to the bottom of what really happened however, I do not want to just blame my child for something without knowing the full truth & I also do not want someone to think its ok to do something to my child for no reason. If my child did wrong they will say sorry & if the other child did wrong my child better hear a sorry or I will not be a happy momma!!
3. Would you confront a good friend that looked/ looks down your significant other?
I would like to hope that if one of my good friends had a problem with my significant other they would come to me & talk to me about it. I would hope that I would not have to confront them first! That would be awful & I do not consider that good/best friend like otherwise!
4. Biggest pet peeve is?
Oh how I have several of these! Sorry I cannot just say one! It truly is near impossible! I wont tell you all them so instead I will stuck with just three. That's a good number right? I hate poor customer service, unclean people, & liars...
5. What is your favorite take out meal?
I think my favorite take out meal would be pizza from Pappa Johns . I love that place like no other :)
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
I am linking up with sweet Michelle over @ The Vintage Apple
I would love to see you sweet ladies follow my blog & such! All the means to do so is on the right side of my blog homepage :) I always write my sweet followers back & even those whom comment yet never follow :) I always love new ones & I always love finding new blogs to read & ladies to know.
I am linking up with sweet Jamie over @ This Kind Of Love
I would love to see you sweet ladies follow me :)
Without further notice lets get to all the goodies that I am loving this week! & I cannot wait to see all the goodies you ladies are loving as well...
1. I am loving that since last Wednesday I went from 56 followers to 62! YAY happy girl right here :) I am finally climbing the ladder! Hopefully soon in the near future I will finally reach 100 :) I hope you sweet ladies love my blog as much as I love yours!
2. I am loving how well Reeds birthday bananza went Sunday! It was great all us which are family & friends went to downtown Chattanooga & ate at Mellow Mushroom for lunch. Dinner was a little more calm their was only 6 of us total then verses the huge amount we had earlier in the day for lunch! For dinner we ate @ Bonefish Grill & had a couple drinks. Then afterwards is when the party really began we all got ready together & went downtown where we spend the remainder of the night @ the Electric Cowboy! So much fun all in all :)
3. I am loving that we are having a mini fair this week before we even have the actual fair which happens next week! Its gonna be so much fun all I can say is hello moto races & demo derby... I am looking forward to you both!
4. I am loving that I get a much needed movie night tomorrow crammed packed full of horror! Its gonna be so much fun & I for one cannot wait... & oh the goodies we will be chomping on such as popcorn with mm's, pizza, drinks & so much more yum yum! Are you ladies as hungry as I am already just reading all the little treats that are to come?
I am linking up with sweet Shannon over at Life After I Dew! She is so sweet, I just love her & I bet you would too!
Ok so let's get down to the nitty gritty of my so what's that I got going on this week...
1. So what that I am loving all this stormy weather! Its amazing sleeping weather & we really need the rain! I mean after all I do not want my house to burn down in the middle of the night due to a wild fire! See where I am going with this?
2. So what that I think I have given up on feeding those cute little baby moo moo's! This weather is putting a damper on my bottle feeding parade :( story of my life...
3. So what that I have not been running & exercising like I should for color run! I mean I got until October 21st to get my act together! I just need to remind myself that it will be here before I know it & that I need to get the ball rolling big time! One amazing thing I am looking forward too is all the colors I will be by the end of it :)
4. So what that I signed up with 4 friends to do the Mud Run which is for a good cause however I am not so sure how I am gonna like mud all in my face & every where else for that matter! I mean I am a huge girlie girl after all... I just need to keep reminding myself that it washes off & I can take a very long shower :) score!
5. So what that I had 4 days off & I complained about going into work this morning for a 12 hour shift knowing I was about to also in that time start my 10 day straight shift :( BOO....
6. So What that I already started planning the Halloween party. I am sure you wanna know why so early right? Well you see its this little thing called life which for me is very busy I feel as though I am a busy bee... As it currently stands you see I have to work out my football weekend plans for foods & such while football goes on, plan a bachelorette party, baby shower, baby reveal & be a bridesmaid in 2 more weddings. See how crazy my life is at the moment & I did not even add other things such as work, family time & so forth! I think I am getting a headache now just thinking about it all :(
So now that you sweet ladies have seen my insane, crazy, thoughts of my so what week, I cannot wait to see what you all are saying so what too! Hmm wonder if they top mine?
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
I am linking up with sweet Becky over @ From Mrs To Mama!
1. How long have you been blogging? & what got you started blogging? Has your blog changed?
I have been blogging for almost 2 years now. When I first started I blogged about my life with my significant other of almost 4 years & it changed after we ended our relationship. I then talked about how hard that decision was & at times still is. I blog now about my current life & the day to day things that are involved in my life & my family is a huge part of that always! If you want to know more just ask! I literally am like an open book...
2. Did you go to college? If so where, & what did you study?
Yes! I went to college @ TTU & studied nursing!
3. Where have you traveled?
I have been to several places! It would actually be easier to name places I have not been too that I would like to go to such as California, Maine, Texas, & Virginia.
4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
A new house & car! I know I said two but I mean how can you choose between the two? They both are pretty important in my eyes! I mean after all the house keeps a roof over your head & a car gets you from point A to point B.
5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
Terrible customer service
People who plan something then cancel at the last moment! I understand it does happen from time to time but it should not always happen. learn how to write things down so you dont forget! Its not that hard really I promise.
6. What is your favorite movie?
I have to only pick one? really? There is no way! I do not have just one favorite I have several favorites... Such as:
7. What is your drink of choice: wine, beer, liquor, water, soda, tea or ect?
I love during a working day mt dew or sweet tea! I am not much of a water drinker wish I was! Now on non working nights/days please bring the liquor :) I love anything sweet, fruity & girlie!
8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
Catch up on blogs, photography, ride horses, & spa time
9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
Victoria Secret! I mean why not its got perfume, clothes, under clothes, make up, & much more that a girl could need :)
10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past or present.
I could find you several good stories about my life that was super embarrassing from small little things to big things even. Crazy right? I know! However some of them are not my prettiest moment & some are not to be shared ever! with like all caps on that ever part.. One that I remember really well or more of what I remember my family telling me was when I was a small child as in like under the age of 1 barely walking & such I seen kitty milk & I thought it was my milk & I drink it. Yes you heard right I drank it, at the time in my life it was yummy to now look back I do not see the yummy part in it!
11. What day would you love to relive again?
I cannot think of one for the current however for the future I would love to relive the birth of my children & my wedding day over & over again :)
12. If your life was turned into a movie, what actor would play you?
Kate Winslet, or Reese Witherspoon
Kate won me over in Titanic! She did such a great job. However I think my overall life would reflect more of Reese! Between her personality & life...
13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/early years?
I would baby sit some throughout the week & then sometimes on weekends. Other then that I did not have a real job until after high school when I got my college nursing degree & became a nurse :)
14. Show us a picture from high school or college.
I do not know where any of my high school photos are so sorry ladies you are stuck with a college one!
15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expense paid, where would you go?
I would say I would go back to Maui. It was so amazing there. However some where new Bora Bora, Dominica Republic, Bahamas, or Virgin Island might be nice as well!
16. Show us the most current picture of you, you & your family or anything of meaning to you.
I tried to find one of my mother & I but I could not sadly. she hates taking photos along with my brother last time we all had a picture made together was when daddy was in politics. No lie! At least daddy takes photos with me, however I think he does it only to please me :)
17. Where do you see your life in 5 years from now?
Happily married. 2 to 3 kids. A house of our own together. still furthering my nursing career.