JellyPages.com

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Baked Parmesan Paprika Chicken

Cooking to me has been special for years. What makes it special was not the food itself persay but the fact that I enjoyed whom taught me how too cook with love. Granny Dimple was such a southern lady whom cooked all kinds of food from appetizers, main courses, to desserts.

 I always loved how the aromas sprinkled the air & tickled noses of those whom was in the kitchen at Granny Dimple's home. It always brought me a sense of warmth & safety to sit on the kitchen island counter & watch her cook as well as help. It kinda was a safety blanket for me I guess one could say. 

I am so blessed to have had a granny whom was so patient with me as she learned me too cook with love over the years. I would never trade those years for nothing. Once she passed away I remember she looked at me & said such sweet heartfelt words. I will never forget those words which was: please never stop cooking! You have so much heart when you cook sweet girl... Remember that you will mess some dishes up but you will get so many more right. You have a passion for this & you learned from the best granny whom did it out of love. I hope someday I look down & see you teaching your kids how to cook with love & passion as I did you when you was growing up. Please never stop just because I am now gone because I will always be with you please know that!

To hear those words broke my heart into pieces but for her I have never stopped. I enjoy it just as much now at the age of 24 as I did when I was a sweet tiny thing. I hope she really does look down & see how much love & passion I still have for cooking & I hope someday she can as well see me teach my children how great cooking can be when it is done with passion & love!


Baked Parmesan Paprika Chicken
Baked Parmesan Paprika Chicken.

Ingredients:
1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 Teaspoon Paprika
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1 Egg, Beaten
2 Tablespoon Milk
4 Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast Halves
1/4 Cup Butter Melted

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a shallow baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.

2. Combine flour, parmesan, paprika, salt, & pepper in a bowl. In a seperate bowl, whisk together the egg & milk. Dip the chicken into the egg mixture, then dredge in the flour mixture. Place in the baking dish, & pour the melted butter evenly over the chicken.

3. Bake for about 1 hour the chicken may be done before that so just check to see!

If I had to rate the chicken with 5 stars being the best, I would rate this a 4. I loved how it turned out. It had great flavors & very tender! I do not know that I would ever rate much a 5 because I do not think one thing will ever be truly too perfect too eat :) So if you ladies decide to make this I promise you will enjoy it! Then you can thank me later for sharing this great recipe with you lovely ladies!

No comments: