JellyPages.com

Monday, September 12, 2011

Bitter Sweet Memories of 9/11 Always Remembered Never Forgotten



Who would have ever thought that it would be the 10th year anniversary of 9/11!
It was such a bitter sweet moment to wake up after such an amazing night before....
Like so many others I took the time to reflect back on where I was when it all went down!
I still remember being in class as everyone started going a little crazy,
All the teachers were turning on every single television!
Once I realized what was going on I became so speechless
I had no words to express how I felt at that very moment...
I remember watching silently while tears fell from my eyes! 
I remember Daddy pulling me out of school and I was not the only one...
Several of us was being pulled out by our families to go deal with this tragedy at our homes...
I remember clinging to my father as a scared little girl not knowing what came next!
I was old enough in middle school to understand what happened,
However, I never truly fully understood until many years later... 
To know then what I know now is a whole new meaning to me!


As years past I grew up from a scared little girl into an amazing beautiful grown women,
As a grown women I had many many friends in my life,
I have been lucky enough to have friends who are Army, Air Force, Navy, & Marine!
They are all special to me and I love them all very much...
I am even blessed enough to have friends who are EMS, Police Officers, and Fire Fighters as well...
They all hold a special place inside my heart :)


I said a special Prayer this morning for those who lost their lives 10 years ago today as well as for  those who survived the tragedy and have to face a life without their loved ones by their side...
In some way or another we all were affected by this tragic moment 10 years ago!
It will forever & always affect us the rest of our lives...


For Those of us who lived through these events, the only marker we'll ever need is the tick of a clock at the 46th minute of the eighth hour of the 11th day!


I think every single one of us should have a moment of silence to remember those lost on 9/11/01...
Take the time to thank every single hero for serving our country in the past & present on this day especially!
Remember that each & every day they fight for us, for our freedom & deserve to be told thank you for that.
It is because of those brave men & women that we are able to live the life we have in America....


For the husband who told his wife I love you one last time before his plane went down in a field,
For the wife who stopped in the stairs to call her husband to say I will love you forever!
For the mothers & fathers who kissed their kids goodbye the morning they died...
For the policemen & firemen who rushed in to help get others out only to die themselves,
For the soldiers who fought back & lost their lives!
Today, Tomorrow & years from now, We will always remember....


Statistics:
Times of impact 8:46 am & 9:02 am
Time the burning towers stood 56 min & 102 min
Time they took to fall 12 seconds
2,819 dead from 115 different nations
343 firemen/ paramedics
23 NYPD 
37 Port Authority Officers







10 years ago today, our lives were changed forever...
And I will never forget that day as long as I live.



No comments: