JellyPages.com

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Cades Cove & A LIttle History Intact

I wish I could say that is was a perfect day for sightseeing however, sadly it was not the perfect day. I had not been to Cades Cove in quiet some time so I knew I wanted to go regardless of how chilly it might.



Cades Cove is one of the most visited areas in the Smokey's as well as in the Carolina's. While there we are able to explore historic cabins, churches, grist mill, deer, turkeys, & black bears. The view itself has an 11 mile scenic view drive & if that is not enough to suit your happiness your more then welcome to enjoy the trails in which you are able to walk on. 


This is the honeymoon cabin that John & Laura Oliver had built for their son to use once married. John & Laura was the first white settlers in Cades Cove & bought this property in 1826.


Colonel Hamp Tipton built this home for his two daughters whom taught school in the cove.


This is known as a corn crib! Each year the corn supplies went into this little unique beauty.





Above are 4 more photos I took of the landscape while there! I wish it had not been so chilly so that I could have gotten out & taken more photos of the other buildings! I have decided that once summer arrives I will be making a trip to revisit so that I can take even more photos of the cabins & such :)

post signature

No comments: