JellyPages.com

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

RIP Andy Griffith


Andrew Samuel Griffith known as Andy passed away today at the age of 86.He died at his home in Roanoke Island  in North Carolina at 7am & per his instructions due to his will he was buried within 5 hours of his death. He played the star roles in the Andy Griffith Show & Matlock. He was born in Mount Airy North Carolina the only child of Geneva &  Carl Griffith. Andy married 3 times & adopted two children one boy & one girl sadly however, his son died due to alcohol. So on this day he is survived by his daughter & 3rd wife.


I can remember growing up before I was old enough to be in school watching the Andy Griffith Show. Granny Elizabeth known as Dimple always watched it, Days Of Our Lives & As The World Turns. I remember many days sipping on sweet tea sitting her lap enjoying tv time. That was the only time we had tv time at her home because during the rest of the time Granny & I was always in the kitchen baking goodies! I spend many a fun times & days their with her. I still remember the day she passed away it was bittersweet but yet so many things still live on the things in which she taught me growing up. I loved time with her more then I loved time with my own parents sad I know! 

You will forever & always be remembered not just by me but by many others! May you rest in peace Andy... I will never forget how funny you was as sheriff Andy Taylor in Andy Griffith!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved Andy Griffith!